The Temporary Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the administration of HR activities and initiatives under the TUSOME project in Kenya. The position holder will work under the general direction of the Human Resource Manager to facilitate efficient and effective HR administration for the project activities and closeout.
Purpose of the job: In consultation with the HR Manager, he /she will dispatch Administrative HR correspondence. Support the recruitment process by carrying out the long listing process of open positions, coordinate written interviews. Develop and maintain relevant databases and filing systems for optimal management of information and contacts. In addition, he /she will carry out filing and packaging assignments; support the project closeout activities.
- Support closeout activities such as but not limited to notice issuance meeting, letter drafting, clearance support, filing, packaging
- Support the recruitment process by long listing the open positions and coordinating Interview Scheduling as need be.
- Develop and maintain relevant databases and filing systems for optimal management of information and contacts.
- Monitor record of staff leave information to ensure that the project has labor charged accurately.
- Support reference check and documentation process.
- Ensure timely compliance with Social Insurance Law
- Ensure compliance with Local Labor Law
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or University degree in a related field.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in human resources and personnel management.
- Track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Experience with USAID-funded projects will be an added advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Kenya Labor Laws, Social Insurance and Personnel Benefit Packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis