The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit http://www.unicefusa.org.
Temporary Coordinator, Next Generation
Reporting jointly to the Vice President, Major Gifts and the Director, UNICEF Next Generation (NextGen), the Coordinator, Community Fundraising contributes to the USF mission and fulfillment of the team by assisting in all matters of donor engagement and fundraising
The duration of this assignment is expected to last until June 30, 2017.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Act as follow up point of contact for new and prospective Steering Committee members and young professionals interested in NextGen
- Supporting NextGen activities including but not limited to: committee meetings, events and receptions, and pledge donation program; Includes preparation of materials, maintaining RSVP lists, drafting and tracking email correspondences, and coordinating event logistics, among other responsibilities
- Managing NextGen database (PIDI), by ensuring all members and gifts are coded properly, contact information is up-to-date, and all relevant interactions are logged in members’ accounts
- Partnering with Finance team to create and run accurate reports on revenue and membership for Community Fundraising and NextGen initiatives
- Developing quarterly reports to report out on NextGen Steering Committee member donations and fundraising efforts
- Processing all donations that are directly received by the department to ensure all gifts are coded properly and ensuring all gifts are acknowledged properly. Includes drafting letters and guiding and executing accurate and timely communications
- Managing contracts with partners for events and/or fundraisers
- Serving as a liaison with other USF departments and offices
- Assisting with other administrative tasks and special projects as needed
- Provide support to Vice President, Major Gifts on scheduling and travel
- Other major gifts support tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience with direct donor/constituent contact, event planning, or other relevant employment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Should be well organized and relate easily to individuals of diverse backgrounds and demographics
- Ability and enthusiasm to communicate USF’s mission
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.