The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit http://www.unicefusa.org.
Temporary Assistant, New England Region
Reporting to the Deputy Director, New England Region, the Assistant will be responsible for supporting with a wide variety of fundraising, marketing, and international research activities relating to individual, corporate, and foundation gifts.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Support with office supply inventory
- Support the New England Office with publications inventory
- Gather information from specific UNICEF reports to share with appropriate parties and audiences
- Develop one-pagers for meetings
- Administrative preparations for Board meetings, etc.
- Participate in special event logistics and solicitation materials
- Maintaining all donor information by ensuring all contact information is up-to-date, and all relevant interactions are logged appropriately
- Perform other assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related experience
- Excellent written, editing and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interest in UNICEF and the US Fund for UNICEF’s mission
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
USF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.