The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project seeks short-term consultants to serve as Technical Writers. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The project works with USAID to supply health commodities for HIV/AIDs, malaria, family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, COVID-19, cross-cutting activities across health areas, and strengthening health care systems.
The consultant will support the Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Team. The technical writer will research and document project successes, lessons learned, and effective supply chain management techniques with the goal that this research will contribute to improvements in global health and supply chain management.
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Conduct public health supply chain management desk research.
- Develop interview questions and facilitate remote interviews with project staff and subject matter experts.
- Draft an outline for client review
- Analyze and synthesize research based on project or client priorities, ensuring that research is consistent.
- Provide high quality writing and editing for all technical documents
- Work collaboratively with appropriate KMC team members to fine-tune language according to client and project preferences or standard.
- Ensure that materials are consistent with GHSC-PSM’s branding and marking requirements
- Attend meetings with project leaders and client
- Responding to and incorporating staff and client feedback into an outline and up to two drafts of the final deliverable.
Writing and editing technical documents including research papers, conference abstracts and presentations, issue briefs, fact sheets and two pagers. Potential research topics include:
- Data collection and management tools
- Cold chain
- Emergency supply chain
- HIV/AIDS Medicine Transition
- Last-mile delivery
- Advanced degree in public health, international development, or related relevant field.
- Previous experience publishing white papers, research, toolkits, guidelines, journal articles or other technical documents.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Previous writing samples are required.
- Familiarity with global health policy and programs is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese desired.
- Excellent attention to detail and grammar.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Google Docs.
- Previous experience working in global health HIV/AIDs, malaria, reproductive health/family planning, supply chain management or maternal child newborn health.
Duration of Assignment: The duration of the assignment will be determined based on the specific research being conducted.
Location of Assignment: Remote.
Supervision of Consultant: Consultants will report to KMC Manager but will coordinate with an assigned project manager.
To Apply: Please send your letter of interest with your CV to PSMCLEAROperations@chemonics.com by July 23, 2021. Please provide at least one writing sample relevant to the consultancy in your submission