*This position can be located in Seattle WA, San Francisco CA, Washington DC, Kampala Uganda, Addis Ababa Ethiopia, Nairobi Kenya, Ho Chi Minh Vietnam
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence is dedicated to accelerating the digital transformation of global health and utilizing high quality data to further improve health outcomes. Our work spans the entire systems strengthening lifecycle from advancing global, regional and national digital health agendas to supporting the deployment and long-term use of these systems.
PATH is currently recruiting a Technical Writer/Business Analyst who will support ongoing initiatives within the Center of Digital and Data Excellence to communicate and engage with experts and stakeholders from different fields, including policy-makers, researchers and donor society. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of digital health in health systems and public health Ability, strong analytical, research and report writing skills, and the ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
Successful applicants will have:
- Proven knowledge in HIV/TB and Covid-19 Health Information Systems and relevant data exchange standards (e.g. HL7 FHIR);
- Familiarity with the global good ecosystem, particularly tools such as OpenMRS, HAPI, OpenHIM and DHIS2; and
- a working knowledge of Case-Based Surveillance and/or Shared/Longitudinal Health Record methodologies, and their underlying governance policies, security and privacy considerations.
Applied skills in systems thinking, project management, systems analysis, client relationship management and working with multiple technical teams to support program delivery are required.
This person will utilize effective Innovation, Communication (oral and written), and Planning and Organization skills to perform the following:
Technical Writer tasks:
- Develop clear, compelling technical documentation including implementation guides, roadmaps and technical reports.
- Support documentation of standards, guides, and policy frameworks for digital health interventions (e.g., HL7 FHIR).
- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques
- Ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience
- Receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Maintain document-related repositories (e.g., meeting minutes, technical deliverables, etc.) and document management processes.
- Use PATH tools and systems as needed for project planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Be responsive to client and PATH requests for technical updates, presentations, and information requests.
- Other areas as directed by the CDC Principal Investigator and Project Director.
Business Analyst tasks:
- Contribute to preparation of ongoing weekly briefs, quarterly project reports and present briefings on proposed and ongoing activities.
- Support trainings, webinars, meetings, connectathons, interoperability labs, etc.
- Advise on standards, documentation and other activities to accelerate reuse and adaptation of existing global goods.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies
- Identifies priority activities and assignments
- Adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plans, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.