Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Technical Specialist positions on a USAID-funded program in East Africa. Positions to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of RISE is to support the development of stronger economies in the East Africa region through improved market systems, increased cross-border trade, more competitive industries and a more market-oriented policy environment.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party and in collaboration with other technical staff and consultants, Technical Specialists will be responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables and expertise to support project implementation.
* Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business management, economics, finance, international development, law, public policy, or a related field; advanced degree preferred;
* At least seven (7) years of experience providing technical expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: agricultural/value chain development (crop and/or livestock); market systems strengthening; regional trade and export promotion, including standards certification and harmonization; access to finance or investment; food security; international governmental organization capacity building; livelihoods and resilience; risk management and response; natural resource/land use management; and gender and social inclusion;
* Excellent communication and intercultural skills required;
* Prior experience working on donor-funded projects in Africa; relevant experience in East African countries preferred;
* Proficiency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.