1. To what extent has the activities implemented so far contributing towards improved livelihoods of the Tibetan refugee community?
2. To what extent are the systems and processes that are being introduced for strengthening the capacity of Tibetan institutions are being adopted and institutionalized by these organizations?
3. To what extent is the integrated multi-sectoral approach an effective model for responding to the theory of change put forward by the program?
4. What are the key aspects of the program that should be addressed at this stage of the program, to maximize outcomes over the rest of program implementation?
Social Impact is seeking to hire two technical specialists with expertise in one or more of the following areas: livelihoods, instructional capacity building, gender, and refugee populations. Fieldwork is expected to take place for approximately 2 weeks in late-November, early-December 2019. Only applicants with available during this time period will be considered.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only those with Indian or Nepali citizenship, or Tibetans residing in India or Nepal, will be eligible to apply.**
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design and data collection instruments
- Administer interview with stakeholders in India and/or Nepal
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including the research plan, draft report, and final report
- Communicate project results to key stakeholders
- Master’s degree or higher in international relations, social sciences, economics or any relevant field
- At least 3 years of experience in research, including implementing various data collection approaches with an emphasis on qualitative interviewing through Key Informant Interviews and Focus Group Discussions
- Preferred experience working with the Tibetan populations in Nepal or India
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in any of the major Indian or Nepalese languages and English required
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.