ICF is seeking an experienced Project Manager. You will be part of an established team supporting our federal client in Rockville, MD.
Our team at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) is building and supporting solutions to help the federal government and public scientific community meet the NCI mission statement: “NCI leads, conducts, and supports cancer research across the nation to advance scientific knowledge and help all people live longer, healthier lives.”
The ICF Team at NCI supports the Digital Services Center (DSC). The team performs custom and platform-based software development, modernization, and operations and maintenance across the business, grants, and scientific portfolios within NCI. A team of more than 20 managers, developers, and testers all coordinate to support over 25 live applications, with more applications planned for future development. The ICF team works with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of both internal and public applications in the overall support of NCI’s mission and objectives.
Primary duties include:
- Works with government stakeholders, plan, manage, to document and analyze functional requirements, identify gaps, and identify alternative approaches to meet requirements.
- Collaborate closely with business owners to ensure enhancements satisfy the required needs of the business and campus.
- Manage status update meetings and communicate to external timelines and impacts of new initiatives to team members.
- Manage time and expectations of multiple projects and team members
- Identify and communicate downstream impacts of enhancements or major projects to other teams /departments that may be impacted.
- Work well in a collaborative environment to complete requirements.
- Work closely with the Organizational Readiness team to ensure proper communications and training materials are updated as major enhancements are planned to be released into production.
- Work with business owners and technical leads with resolving production support issues that arise in the application.
- Play a key role in leading and executing functional user acceptance testing with guidance from the project teams.
- Ability to define and implement scaled agile frameworks across delivery teams, defining how work is captured, prioritized, scheduled, executed and released.
- Consult federal counterparts on portfolio prioritization and scheduling through scenario-based exercises
- Responsible for expressing business value to justify project decisions and fill technological gaps.
- Ability to establish governance frameworks for inheriting or delivering new technology for client portfolios
- Understand and apply the Risk Management Framework to assess security posture of systems under scope and drive annual assessments end-to-end
- Standardizes and reinforces processes through practice and documentation to the scale of the program
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or business administration
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment (agile)
- 3+ years of experience managing at least two major projects of six months or more
- 3+ years of experience with leading and managing web applications
- 3+ year of experience with either AWS, Azure or Google cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience guiding delivery efforts on the ServiceNow platform5+ years of client engagement and software implementation
- Preference for Certified Scrum Master or SAFe Certification
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suites
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (at minimum)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)