m2m is a leader in delivering non-clinical complementary care and support services through its peer-based Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) education and psychosocial support model. m2m will leverage 15 years of experience to contribute to the HIV-response in Mozambique through technical assistance to the Mozambique Ministry of Health (MISAU) to strengthen its Maes Para Maes program (MPM).
Working collaboratively with m2m Head Office and in country-based staff, the Technical Project Director (TPD) Mozambique will be responsible for supporting in partnership with the Country Director the provision of technical assistance to MISAU as well as technical oversight on the m2m direct service delivery. Through clear project management and liaison with country-based staff, the TPD will ensure the provision of effective and high-quality assistance, aligned with project objectives, resulting in technically successful program implementation.
The TPD reports to the Country Director, working in collaboration with the DPTS and Operations team, other internal staff and consultants and partners. The position will be based at m2m Mozambique office.
Key Performance Areas
- Serve as a member of m2m’s Mozambique senior leadership team, participating in strategic and office-wide discussions and processes;
- Serve as the point person for all Program-related matters;
- Provide leadership and supervision to a team of about 6-10 management-level direct reports;
- Role model m2m values and commitment to Mission and clients;
- Follow all policies, procedures and protocols of the organization;
- Demonstrate, through words and actions, a commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Business Development and Grants Management
- In collaboration with the Country Director and the Strategic Partnership and Fundraiser Officer, oversee prospecting of new proposals
- Actively participates in drafting and developing grant proposals.
- Ensure new (and existing) programs have a logic model/theory of change;
- Provide technical leadership and support to the Country lead and m2m in-country team around start-up and implementation processes.
- Provide guidance on best practices in the field of PMTCT and RMNCH as applicable to Mozambique.
- Lead HO review of technical documents, training materials and policy briefs in an effort to meet national and U.S. Government guidelines as well as international standards.
- Support technical guidance to the in-country team in the development and implementation of services at a cluster of m2m model sites, to set standards, test local context and provide training for local partners.
- Build strong relations with the in-country staff.
- Lead together with the Country Director and m2m in-country team the conceptual development of the provision of technical assistance to MISAU and implementing partners, from training, program standard operating procedures to implementation.
- Support the in-country team in building and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and project partners including MISAU, USAID, CDC and other relevant agencies.
- Ensures alignment of the project with departmental and organizational objectives.
- Build relationships with key donors, ensure alignment of project with donor requirements and compile reports.
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge and information with colleagues at the m2m HO, UK, US and country programmes
Staff Management & Development
- Directly lead 5 – 10 staff, exemplifying m2m’s leadership standards, including managing performance, developing direct reports, sharing time and credit, creating a collaborative environment, impacting critical decisions, promoting accountability, unifying functions, and sponsoring high performers;
- Provide regular individual supervision, coaching/mentoring, and performance feedback;
- Support staff in proactively managing their workloads, and help staff troubleshoot challenges;
- Support effective succession planning along with the HR & Admin Manager and Country Director, as well as effective new staff onboarding;
Monitoring and Evaluation/Strategic Information
- Ensure programs are analyzed, at least quarterly, to understand outputs and client outcomes;
- Follow up with direct reports to ensure all relevant data is entered into DHIS2 and Donor platforms in a timely manner, and support troubleshooting difficulties in doing so.
- Lead knowledge management of latest developments, publications, research studies and other information generation activities being undertaken both in Africa and globally on PMTCT and related issues
- Lead HO analysis and evaluation of PMTCT data and state of the art innovations and programming and overall research agenda in close collaboration with E/OR
- Work closely with provincial teams ensuring that spending is in line with program time elapsed.
- Work closely with the Finance Director on proposal budget development, grant spending and potential funding issues (gaps).