PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. PATH is working with national malaria control programs across Africa to scale interventions to reduce malaria burden, as well as generate evidence and support planning for new strategies to accelerate toward elimination. A key area of emphasis is to improve the collection, reporting, and use of malaria surveillance data to support timely, accurate, and rationale decision-making to optimize the impact of interventions.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Technical Program Manager, Malaria, to support its growing malaria portfolio in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Technical Program Manager will be based in Kinshasa and will report to the Senior Project Coordinator. He/ She will support the day-to-day management and implementation of PATH DRC’s malaria projects – including contributing to strategy and implementation, managing relationships with the National Malaria Control Programme and partners, as well as contributing to donor reports and communication with partners.
- Develop and manage project work plans, and associated implementation, monitoring, and control processes to facilitate accomplishment of strategic objectives.
- Support the Project Coordinator in day-to-day project coordination, analysis and review of data, and problem solving.
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to provide regular operational oversight.
- Proactively identify and analyze areas of risk and advise project teams on solutions and preventative measures.
- Support the DRC malaria team to convene and facilitate consultative meetings with malaria stakeholders at all level of the health system to share and discuss achievements, opportunities, and challenges.
- Draft key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and recommendations for program areas and external partners.