PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is home to the Malaria Control and Evaluation Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) which works closely with National Malaria Control programs in Africa to strengthen data systems and data use to better inform strategies and targeting of resources to reduce burden. Key components of this work are to generate evidence on novel and existing malaria tools to guide decision-makers, and to work with donors to ensure the resources needed to implement these interventions are available.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Technical Program Manager, Malaria, to support its malaria portfolio in the Gambia. The successful applicant will support the day-to-day management and implementation of PATH malaria projects in the Gambia – including contributing to strategy and implementation, managing relationships with the National Malaria Control Programme and partners, as well as contributing to donor reports and communication with partners.
- Develop and manage project work plans, and associated implementation, monitoring, and control processes to facilitate accomplishment of strategic objectives.
- Support the West Africa regional malaria team in day-to-day project coordination, analysis and review of data, and problem solving.
- Work closely with finance and administrative staff to provide regular operational oversight.
- Proactively identify and analyze areas of risk and advise project teams on solutions and preventative measures.
- Support the West Africa regional malaria team to convene and facilitate consultative meetings with malaria stakeholders at all level of the health system to share and discuss achievements, opportunities, and challenges.
- Draft key documents, reports, presentations, and other communications materials for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and recommendations for program areas and external partners.
- Contribute to business development to expand PATH portfolio in The Gambia and the West Africa region
- Any other duties as requested by management