*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications
PATH is currently recruiting for a Technical Officer to work in the Medical Devices and Health Technologies Program (MDHT) to support PATH’s work to ensure that delivery devices and packaging technologies for vaccines and essential medicines are optimized for the contexts in which they will be used.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most
The MDHT program at PATH develops, advances, and facilitates introduction of technologies for priority health needs around the world. This includes delivery devices, primary containers, and delivery strategies that can expand access and equity for safe and effective vaccines and drugs. A key focus are combination products that combine a pharmaceutical or a vaccine with a delivery device, such as prefilled syringes, blow-fill-seal containers, and microarray (also known as microneedle) patches for transdermal delivery of vaccines, antiretroviral drugs, hormonal contraception, and other essential medicines. PATH is seeking a Technical Officer to support multiple project teams in the MDHT program.
- Plan, manage, and oversee execution of collaborative combination product (drug/device or vaccine/device) development activities, including product design and preclinical research.
- Research technical topics through literature reviews and informational interviews and synthesize information into a concise and logical summary that will inform project strategy.
- Provide research-based scientific input to inform design development, preclinical, clinical, and usability research.
- Design, draft, and review research protocols and findings, publications, Target Product Profiles, project updates, guidance documents, presentations, and donor reports.
- Provide clear and concise data analyses and progress reports for internal and external audiences.
- Research manufacturing and quality control approaches for microarray patches and other combination product technologies and identify areas for improvement along with potential products and innovative solutions.
- Assess manufacturing strategies for products and product categories, interfacing with product developers, industry, and public health stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage internal and external project team meetings to be efficient, effective, and produce clear decisions and action plans.
- Develop and monitor project timelines and other relevant project management tools, with input from other key team members.
- Represent PATH at industry conferences and meetings with partners, funders, and the global pharmaceutical and vaccine delivery technology development community.
- Stay current on research topics related to pharmaceutical and vaccine delivery technologies and public health needs by attending scientific conferences and conducting regular literature reviews.
- Assess and analyze technical innovations in delivery devices and combination products to address unmet health needs.
- Contribute scientific expertise to the creation of funding proposals.
- Participate in and contribute to equity, inclusion, and diversity efforts.