Working Title: Technical Officer-Index Testing
Internal Title: Program Officer I
Division: India Country Program
Location: New Delhi / Mumbai
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, immunization, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Technical Officer Index Testing under the project Sashakt, to support in the scale up of Index testing in the high burden states of Northeast and selected sites in Maharashtra.
- Conduct supportive supervision visits with State Coordinators to ensure smooth roll out of Index Testing with fidelity
- Work in conjunction with State coordinators to conduct red cap assessment to identify gaps in Index Testing roll out and support in filling the gaps.
- In collaboration with the field implementation team, maintain an updated database of index testing activities and indicators across NE region with a focus on PEPFAR districts
- Identify training need of Field Mentor and Community Counsellor, Peer Navigator, Treatment support on Index testing and conduct periodic training in consultation with State Coordinators.
- Support the state teams in implementing cross border intervention
- Coordinate with other government departments such as state TB office, state health and family welfare and social welfare department and develop active referral systems for Hep B & C, mental health, SRH and social protection schemes
- Establish a system of micro-planning for the state and track the implementation through routine review with state team
- Responsible for reporting and providing periodic updates on the overall progress and achievements under the Project
- Support the field implementation team in any need-based tasks assigned tasks