NOTE: PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment, local benefit package and competitive compensation paid in local currency. All applications are made online. Deadline for applications: October 30th, 2017.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH is implementing “Communities for Healthy Hearts” to improve hypertension management and control in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). The project will increase access to and use of high-quality hypertension services that are sustainable and scalable through the engagement of social enterprise and public and private healthcare providers at the community level.
We are hiring a highly-capable Technical Manager to join our PATH office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to take all technical lead to provide overall technical direction, management, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- Serve as a technical lead to provide overall technical direction, management, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- Guide, develop the project workplan and budgets in the responsible area; and oversee, coordinate, execute, monitor and evaluate the implementation of a community based hypertension model from screening, referral, diagnosis, treatment and hypertension management.
- Design, provide and oversee training activities and guidelines to ensure that health care worker training, standard operating procedures and other technical tools are of quality, and developed with inputs from cardio-vascular disease and hypertension specialists.
- Establish a strong mentoring and supportive supervision system for health care workers engaged in hypertension diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Oversee development of health care worker and patient training and tools that enable patient-centered chronic disease management. These include training in developing and implementing patient-centered care plans, treatment adherence and self-care counseling, and case management for hypertension patients.
- Test and document new innovations aimed at improving hypertension diagnosis, treatment and adherence.
- Manage and oversee consultants and subcontractors involved in implement technical work related to hypertension screening, referral and treatment activities.
- Provide technical inputs and assistance for communication strategies, activities and Behavior Change Campaign
- Work with the Communications Manager and Project Director to document key project lessons learned and success stories
- Supervise other team members (as required)
- Other tasks as required by the Project Director.