Technical Lead HIV, USAID HIV/ TB Agency, Information, and Services Activity (HIV/TB AIS)
Based in Yangon, Myanmar
Reports to Chief of Party
Status: This position is contingent on successful funding
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a seasoned Technical Lead HIV to be a lead expert on all aspects of HIV components under the $39M 5-year USAID/PEPFAR-funded HIV/ TB Agency, Information, and Services Activity (HIV/TB AIS) project in Myanmar. The project will support HIV and TB prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, and TB/HIV integration activities in Myanmar to assist the National AIDS Program (NAP) and the Directorate of Disease Control in efforts to end the HIV and TB epidemic in Myanmar. The dual purposes of the Activity are: to achieve HIV epidemic control and to achieve a Burma free from TB.
They will be responsible for all activities associated with subrecipient HIV-related technical capacity building and quality assurance. They will also be responsible to build government and community-based structures, and processes that constitute systems for the provision of HIV services. They will be directly accountable to the COP and will also work closely with the Technical Lead TB and Strategic Information Lead and other Technical staff for fluid execution of activities and will manage a team of staff at regional offices and district level to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
They will provide guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for scale-up and support the COP in day-to-day implementation of service delivery. Implementation of the program is five priority states/regions: Sagaing, Shan, Yangon, Kachin, and Mandalay; intensity of implementation of HIV, TB, and HIV/TB coinfection programs with each target population may vary within these areas depending on the disease burden.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provides expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for scale up of HIV services to ensure that people at risk for HIV are reached, tested, and effectively linked to high-quality prevention and treatment services.
- Designs and leads activities related to differentiated service delivery systems, including client-centered and community-led/ community-based interventions, provide prevention and treatment services to people at risk for or living with HIV.
- Works with TB Lead to design and lead activities related people coinfected with HIV and TB.
- Works with national level leadership so that the most up-to-date HIV and TB disease control and prevention interventions are taken to scale.
- Works with national level leadership to develop strategies to effectively engage the private sector in TB and HIV programming are adopted nationwide.
- Ensures that HIV program implementation is managed closely through the development of work plans, monitoring and evaluation, and quality assurance plans.
- Oversees a management and QA team in the main project office, as well as key teams across other regions in Myanmar.
- Leads HIV-related program design, planning and management, coordination and communication, and reporting with sub-partners.
- Represent PSI at relevant technical working groups and other fora.
- Build relationships and collaboration among government, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Leads training and capacity building for partner organizations, healthcare providers, and relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee quality assurance of program activities and services and data quality, implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans in line with PEPFAR MER 2.5.
What are we looking for?
- Medical doctor or master’s degree in Public Health.
- At least 7 years of senior public health technical experience on projects of similar size and scope.
- Experience in and familiarity with Myanmar and the Burmese language is preferred.
- Experience leading HIV prevention and treatment projects in Myanmar or a similar context.
- Recognized expertise in community and facility level HIV prevention, case finding, and treatment service delivery and demand creation.
- Knowledge of the national stakeholders, technical working groups and fora, and local context in Myanmar a plus.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG funded activity management, policies, and procedures.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative, and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; and proven ability to produce results, knowledge Management and external communications.
- Experience in building institutional, local technical, management, and leadership capacity.
- Ability to pivot quickly between thinking strategically and applying this thinking in an operational context.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, including an ability to work across teams and with staff at all levels,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent management skills.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.