Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Technical Expert: Public Financial Management to provide technical expertise in supporting the Government of Tanzania to implement a range of PFM reforms to strengthen economic governance in Tanzania at the central, regional and local levels affecting 26 regions and 188 local government authorities. PFM has been at the core of Tanzania’s development efforts over the past two decades with the Government-Donor financed Public Financial Management Reform Progamme (PFMRP), and recent efforts have placed a focus on reforms at the regional/local level.
The Technical Expert – Public Financial Management will perform the following:
- Closely manage and monitor the performance of regional PFMRP efforts – take direct action through recommendations, implementation, and performance measurement;
- Directly support the team leader acting as a second in command to manage and resolve any issues that may arise in the implementation of this project;
- Engage regional/local level government officials regarding PFM reforms and clearly communicate central government strategy and desired outcomes;
- Assist in revenue management; budgeting and planning; execution and delivery, transparency and accountability; management controls and oversight.
- Minimum 10 years’ of PFM experience including public sector strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, taxation & revenue management, public procurement process implementation, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels;
- Experience delivering financial management projects in the public or private sector;
- Success implementing processes to strengthen institutional financial management at national and regional government levels;
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated technical finance or accounting experience in public or private sector;
- Deep knowledge of PFM and ongoing efforts in Tanzania;
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant field;
- Professional fluency in English.
- Experience engaging with various levels of government in Tanzania or other East African country;
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, public administration, or other relevant field;
- Work experience on DFID or African Development Bank projects.