Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Technical Education Coordinator – Amman
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Technical Education Coordinator (TEC) is to support the Core Competency Specialist (CCS) in ensuring that NRC Education programme approaches and strategies are well-informed and in-line with national and international education policies and plans. The main responsibility of the TEC is to support the CCS and programme teams with ensuring high quality and appropriate curriculum and pedagogical skills within programmes and with education partners, and conducting quality assurance monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to ensure appropriate application of these. This position will involve training, and is also responsible for providing Arabic-English translation of programmatic materials, as required.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to the development of Core Competency strategy, Micro Log Frame, and Plan of Action.
- Contribute to the specific Core Competency programme development, adjustment or review.
- Conduct Core Competency technical assessment and present recommendations.
- Conduct specific Core Competency technical research and document findings and recommendations.
- Provide specific Core Competency technical input to coordination mechanism (e.g. cluster coordination) and working groups.
- Develop specific Core Competency technical indicators and mechanism for monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop specific Core Competency technical guidance, tools and mechanism.
- Contribute to organisational learning through the provision specific technical analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Develop training modules and provide specific technical learning or/and training for project staff.
- Provide training to relevant stakeholders.Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Overall responsibility for monitoring of curricular content and assessment tool development.
- Develop/support programmes to develop appropriate pedagogical and Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) approaches, teaching and learning materials, curriculum and tools, and ensure alignment of these across camps and host.
- Design a system and tools for conducting quality assurance checks on curriculum and instruction, identifying skills/tools gaps and ensuring effective resolution.
- Maintain vigilant awareness of MoE activities and policies; Stay well-informed of national and district level issues and policies affecting education in Jordan; Ensure effective dissemination of this information to CCS, programme teams and relevant parties.
- Ensure gender, protection and conflict-sensitive mainstreaming in programme curriculum and approaches.
- Support education research teams and activities in Jordan and MENA; Provide Arabic-English translation, as required.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for candidates with a Bachelor degree or higher, with minimum of 4 years of experience, Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector, Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Through to 31st December 2018
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs