RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded health systems project in Senegal. RTI anticipates the opportunity will focus on achieving sustainable improvement and effective utilization of the Senegalese healthcare system by addressing key causes of maternal and child morbidity and mortality, protecting communities from infectious diseases, and strengthening health systems.
The Technical Director will have primary responsibility for overseeing, supporting, and mentoring the technical teams to achieve the project’s stated goals. With the Chief of Party (COP), the Technical Director will be responsible for ensuring that the technical assistance provided under the project is strategic, coherent, and consistent and supports the achievement of project objectives. The position will be based with RTI in Dakar and local travel will be required. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- In close collaboration with the COP, provides technical direction and leadership of the project.
- Develops and adapts technical strategies, approaches, and activities to achieve objectives, and applies and contextualizes global best practices and learning to the Senegalese setting.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of regionally dispersed staff. Directly supervises technical leads.
- Takes a leadership role in work planning and implementation of program activities by working in close collaboration with the COP and ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensures coordination and collaboration with other USAID implementing partners and cross-sector programs, as appropriate, at the subnational level.
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Master’s degree or higher in international studies, public policy, public health, international development or a related field, with at least twelve (12) years’ experience in international health programming, including at least five years’ experience in senior level management positions and experience leading large and complex health projects.
- Demonstrated credibility as a leader on matters of designing, implementing, and strengthening health systems with a focus on capacity building of local stakeholders and health governance.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-sectoral programming and build partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging partners and managing multi-partner collaboration in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and decentralized branch/field offices.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Possesses the required oral, written communication, presentations skills in French (equivalent to R4/S4) and English (equivalent to R2/S2).
- Work experience in Senegal is strongly preferred.
- Senegalese citizens/nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply online via RTI’s Global Opportunities Careers Page. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview on an ongoing basis. The position will fill quickly, therefore candidates are urged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.