Title Technical Director
Location: United States
Division: Programs and Innovation
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently seeking a qualified Technical Director for an upcoming Unitaid-funded program, “Prevention of Hepatitis C Among Key Populations”. Unitaid aims to improve access to tools to prevent HCV in marginalized populations. The specific objective of this program is to demonstrate the feasibility and impact of improving access to tools to prevent transmission of hepatitis C, and to facilitate the integration of these tools into relevant services or settings in low- and middle-income countries. The focus of these efforts will be people who inject drugs and/or prison populations.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Technical Director will be responsible for technical leadership and implementation. The Technical Director will represent PATH and provide leadership to project partners, international stakeholders, and provide oversight to the program’s implementation countries. The Technical Director will also lead collaboration and network development activities with national, regional, and global partners. He/she will ensure that the project achieves results—including project deliverables and targets—in an effective and compliant manner.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Oversee all technical activities of the project including managing and supporting team members and coordinate project work across PATH teams, country teams, and partner staff.
- Lead project’s global technical working group and facilitate participation of project partners and stakeholders.
- Plan, direct, and lead activities of the Prevention of Hepatitis C Among Key Populations program to ensure that goals, objectives, and all elements of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Facilitate development of strategy, translation of strategy into action plans, overall coordination of activities and their implementation, resolution of issues, and communication of project information.
- Ensure close government involvement in and ownership of the project.
- Represent project work among global, regional, and as appropriate country, stakeholders.
- Play a key internal leadership role to ensure efficient management of donor resources, and ensuring completion of milestones.
- Coordinate M&E, research, and modeling work across project teams and partners. Monitor project indicators to determine impact.
- Provide oversight for preparation of timely donor and internal reports.
- Represent PATH in international forums, conferences, and committees related to project’s core mission.
- Work closely with PATH team members and the donor to communicate challenges, bottlenecks, solutions and successes and generate required reports and other deliverables as needed.