PATH seeks a Technical Director for the upcoming multi-year USAID-funded “End Malaria Program (EMP) Activity” in Zambia. The EMP activity will increase access to quality malaria control interventions as measured by a reduction in malaria parasite prevalence in children under five years old and a reduction in the number of malaria deaths and cases in targeted provinces. The activity will align strategically with the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan (NMESP) 2017-2021 and the forthcoming, updated NMESP 2022-2027.
PATH works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the most pressing health challenges. PATH implements innovative, sustainable health solutions that align with the country’s needs and priorities, empowering millions of Zambians to transform their own health.
The Technical Director will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) with technical leadership of the project. The Technical Director will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and will take a leadership role in ensuring quality technical implementation and ensure the Activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. S/he will coordinate among USAID/PMI and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and will interact with numerous Government of Zambia institutions and representatives on technical issues of the project.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Provide overall technical backstop for the project
- Function as primary technical liaison for subcontractor support
- Provide technical support to the MOH through NMEP on malaria program implementation and actively participate in malaria-related technical working groups.
- Maintain current technical knowledge on malaria, associated data and other related public health topics to enable provision of best practices to inform malaria strategy development.
- Focusing at provincial and district levels, establish and maintain close working relationships with relevant offices of the Government of Zambia and other organizations, the US Government, other donor agencies, and nongovernmental local working in Zambia. With emphasis on provincial and other peripheral levels.
- Work with other relevant departments within the MOH to facilitate the integration of malaria control activities into the broader primary health care systems.
- Supervise PATH technical consultants and oversee their input to program activities
- Work with the MOH to actively use data for decision-making and to identify how malaria control activities and impact can be sustained over time.
- Assist the Chief of Party in developing annual work plans, budgets, and performance reports.
- Take on duties as maybe assigned by Chief of party and other senior partners