International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor
Department/Location: Global Health/Washington, DC
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor for an anticipated project based in Washington, DC under a five-year USAID funded activity called Evaluation and Learning Support Activity – EvaLS.
EvaLS will provide evaluation, assessment and learning support for health-related activities for USAID / Washington and USAID Missions. This includes providing services for evaluations and assessments as well as learning and adaptive management.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in planning, conducting and overseeing evaluations and assessments, including:
- review Scopes of Work
- review of evaluation budgets
- identify of appropriate evaluation methodologies
- ensure selected tools and techniques are fit for purpose
- identify of appropriate team leads for evaluation assignments
- technical review of evaluation plans, tools, and final reports
- Ensure the contract provides high quality, transparent, independent, collaborative evaluation services in compliance with the USAID Evaluation Policy.
- Provide input and/or oversight for learning and for dissemination activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in developing experimental and quasi-experimental designs to evaluate international development programs.
- Experience using SPSS, STATA and/or other analytical software packages, including qualitative analytical software packages such as NVIVO or Atlas.
- Previous experience with USAID’s Global Health Bureau.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation; 11 years preferred, of which at least 3 years is in a developing country; 4 years in a developing country preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing evaluations of complex health program(s) in developing countries.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in evaluation, biostatistics, social science, public health or other related is required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.