Chemonics seeks a technical assistant to the Haiti Ministry of Health for the USAID procurement and supply management (PSM) project. PSM will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and provide health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Haiti office will work under two of the project’s task orders (HIV/AIDS and Population and Reproductive Health) to provide commodities and supply chain technical assistance. PSM will also focus heavily on the successful implementation of the national system for the procurement and distribution of drugs and commodities, known as SNADI. The SNADI serves as a two-year action plan, calling for a national integrated supply chain through consolidation of the existing supply chain under the management of the Direction de la Pharmacie et du Medicament. This is a long-term position based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Implement the SNADI Coordination Unit, which will receive USAID grant funds; hire five staff members for the unit and lead and train them
- Develop the Logistics Management Information System for strengthening data collection, improving the database, and using outcomes for decision-making
- Support the strengthening of 10 county medical stores, CDAI — to be partially funded by USAID grants — in pharmaceuticals store management, data production, and the active delivery scheme deployment at the peripheral level
- Advanced degree in public health, pharmacy, or a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the SNADI plan
- Good communications skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience working with local government officials required
- Experience working on a USAID or other donor-funded project in Haiti required
- Fluent French and advanced English required
Send CV and cover letter to HaitiPSMrecruit@chemonics.com by October 7, 2016. Please include “Technical assistant to Ministry of Health” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Technical assistant to Ministry of Health” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.