PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
The Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance (QI/QA) Advisor will work closely with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Department of Health Standards Quality Assurance and Regulations (DHSQARs), NASCOP COEs, county governments and other implementing partners to design, lead and manage QI/QA initiatives within USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto supported counties, with the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). Further the QIQA advisor will work closely with Department of Children Services (DCS) and Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) to support improvements in OVC and DREAMS program areas. S/he will be responsible for advancing the science of improvement in OVC service delivery and AGYW(DREAMS) interventions at both county, sub-county and location levels.
The QI/QA manager will provide technical oversight for QI related issues and ensure institutionalization of QI systems in the supported counties. S/he will lead capacity building efforts for different teams at the county, sub-county and facilities, QI trainings and coaching, implementation and supportive supervision of QI projects, and evaluation of QI initiatives, and will liaise closely with the NYM program work implementation team to improve service delivery.
This role will serve all the 7 Counties (Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, Nyamira and Vihiga).
- In liaison with county leadership ensure integration of QI principles and methodologies in accordance with the Kenya Quality Model for health (KQMH) and Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework (KHQIF) for improvement of service delivery and health system efficiencies.
- Lead, design and contribute towards QI capacity building efforts, which includes developing curriculum for QI trainings, collaborative learning sessions coaching and mentorship. Mentoring and coaching facility QI teams on QI tools, gap analysis, QI charter, performance measurement tools and the Model for improvement.
- Work closely with the county QI focal persons to establish effective QI infrastructure, which includes county QI technical working groups, sub-county and health facility QI and Work Improvement teams (WIT).
- Provide technical assistance to QI focal persons, QI coaches and program staff in QI, that includes supporting documenting best practices, development of abstracts and processes of learning and scale up of QI projects. Coordinate harvesting sessions and development of change packages.
- Provide hands on leadership and support for QI collaboratives, learning sessions, QI webinars and QI ECHO for health care providers and other QI stakeholders.
- Develop an M&E framework for QI in collaboration with the county QI focal persons and program M&E team, which includes indicator development, data collection tools and SOPs, QI data management systems, data review and analysis. Prepare QI related data for presentation to different stakeholders including donors.
- Develop data collection tools for problem identification in HIV/AIDS clinical programs, key population and OVC/DREAMS service delivery, support data collection analysis and dissemination of findings for program collaborative learning and adapting approaches (CLA).
- Participate in reviewing program data and reports to ensure compliance with national standards and guidelines.
- Promote and strengthen the adoption of CQI dashboards and performance measurement charts (PMC) for a vigorous monitoring of key program performance indicators.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, lead program QA (Quality Assurance) assessments such as SIMS (Site Improvement through Monitoring and Systems) and development of corrective actions in the supported counties.
- Assists in strategic planning and work plan development for the program
- Engage with DCS at County, Sub- County level and Implementing Partners to support quality improvement work in line with the Kenya Quality Improvement standards
- Support existing or help establish functional QI infrastructure at all levels
- Develop and update materials for QI trainings, continuous education, learning sessions and coaching visits at the sub-county and LIP
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL)
- Support the use of data in tracking improvement in QI interventions.
- Ensure indicators are appropriately selected to track specific QI interventions and present results in covered in the project MEAL system.
- Review OVC reports and ensure they capture required level of gender disaggregated data and gender specific success stories.
- Build Capacity of MEAL staff in QI and support them to monitor QI interventions
- Support and guide the Organization learning sessions with different QI teams and disseminate the results in conferences and other foras.
- Coordinate with the COP and the DCOP on the inclusion of QI as part of the learning agenda of USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project quarterly Learning and Development Plans.
- Take lead in providing technical support to County government Departments (MOH and DCS), Health facilities, local implementing partners (LIPs) in implementation of QI interventions.
- Assist partner staff and DCS to Coach QI Teams and use the evidence gathered in improving future OVC interventions Capacity Building and Supervision