International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI provides technical assistance to USAID across many sectors including, but not limited to health, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and biodiversity.
Job Title: LAC Technical Advisor
Department/Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Program Director
Type: Full time Employment
Overview: The Technical Advisor will provide technical and management support for USAID/LAC in the thematic or geographic sectors that the Bureau prioritizes. This may include areas such as health, environment, democracy and governance, education, economic growth, and citizen security, among others. A brief description of each sector is provided below. Technical advisory support includes assistance with sector assessments, program design, performance evaluations, and other components of the USAID program cycle. This position is contingent upon award.
Technical advisory support activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance to and assistance for USAID Missions, implementing partners, and stakeholders on environment activities. This may include assisting Missions or Washington with activity design, monitoring, or sustainability planning.
- Understanding Agency and USAID/LAC guidance, policies, processes, and procedures, and ensuring adherence to them.
- Planning and coordinating of project/activity design in LAC and contributing to overall portfolio design.
- Maintaining current knowledge of programmatic approaches and research on sector issues for knowledge transfer to USAID.
- Coordinating with relevant USAID staff and programs and participating in selected Agency technical working groups related to the LAC Bureau.
- Contributing to updates on program budgets and semi-annual portfolio reviews.
- Developing briefing and other communications materials related to sector issues.
- Responding to Congressional or public inquiries.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with USAID policies, programs, procedures
- 7 years or progressive experience in program and technical work
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Education: Master’s degree or 10 years of progressive relevant experience.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.