Job title: Team Leader-Shelter and Infrastructure
Reporting to: Project Support Manager
Technical line manager: Project Support Manager
Direct reports: Project Support Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
- Supervise members in team
- Deliver technical support and
guidance to team
- Ensure the quality of the
planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector
activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good
relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other
humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of
DRC’s sector activities
- Provision of emergency shelter,
emergency cash grants, rehabilitation of housing, provision of physical
infrastructure like roads, bridges, community centres, irrigation systems or
other community structures, facilitation and training of infrastructure
management groups at community level, facilitation and funding of community
development plans, initiatives for disaster risk reduction at community level.
- Lead and manage the team
(including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and
quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area
activities of NURI.
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective
program implementation while following the budget and work plan of NURI
- Participate in preparing
monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for
- Lead the team in carrying out
monitoring and evaluation exercises
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant
internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues( District
local government authorities in the relevant district ,OPM, UNHCR ,CF etc
- Represent DRC at meetings and
other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC
sectors and implementing partners like DFAs in the district of operation.
- Develop project plans and budgets
- Work with quality Assistant to develop
- Project implementation and
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- Support the monitoring of financial
commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on
- Plan and coordinate proactively
logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure
- Ensure distribution plans are
prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management
of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that
agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on
- Initiating the hiring and firing
of employees and conducting performance appraisals are permitted at this level,
but are closely overseen by the Project Support Manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of management
experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of
humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO,
UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of practical
experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Proven management skills and a
competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and
implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in
- Field experience
All DRC roles require the
post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing
on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant
parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership
and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and
speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity:
Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding
against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Degree in Development Studies,
Social Sciences, Agriculture other
relevant fields, A Master’s degree in political science, international
development, economics will be an added advantage
- Fluency in Lugbara, Madi ,Alur
,Kakwa, Acholi and other Languages spoken in West Nile will be an added
- Interested candidates who meet
the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and
cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent
via our online-application form on http://www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications
close on 27th June 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in
staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly
encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value
diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on
mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age,
sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status
or other protected characteristics.