MSI seeks an evaluation team leader in South Sudan. The team leader will take full responsibility for managing the team, organizing its work, and ensuring quality control and delivery of a final report acceptable to USAID standards. The team leader will participate in the team planning meeting and other preparation meetings, in addition to providing leadership in the creation of evaluation instruments and tools, conducting interviews, providing leadership in report writing and presentations.
The proposed dates are from June – August 2018 and the estimated Level of Effort (LOE) is 35 days.
- Participate in the team planning meeting and other preparation meetings as well as in selection of appropriate data collection methodologies, sampling and creation of corresponding interview instruments.
- Review documents as part of literature review and prepare a summary report of the literature review.
- Manage the data collection process including allocation of tasks to team members and ensuring the quality of the data being collected.
- Conduct interviews with identified respondents including governments, local CBOs, USAID or others as identified.
- Take leadership in drafting the evaluation report and presentations.
- Lead the drafting of the evaluation report.
- Debrief the wider audience that include, USAID team, implementing partner (s), government invitees, and any other interested stakeholder.
- Lead the finalization of the report by incorporating USAID and stakeholder comments, and submit the report to MSI electronically.
- Master’s degree in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, international development, evaluation economics or related social science.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in peacebuilding and evaluation of DRG projects. Experience with faith-based peace and reconciliation efforts preferred.
- Previous experience in South Sudan preferred.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Experience leading large-scale studies.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of USAID programming and methodology.