Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Team Leader: Public Financial Management to lead project team members in supporting the Government of Tanzania to implement a range of PFM reforms to strengthen economic governance in Tanzania at the central, regional, and local levels affecting 26 regions and 188 local authorities. PFM has been at the core of Tanzania’s development efforts over the past two decades with the Government-Donor financed Public Financial Management Reform Progamme (PFMRP), and recent efforts have placed a focus on reforms at the regional/local level.
The Team Leader – Public Financial Management will perform the following duties:
- Direct and lead strategy for PFMRP efforts at central and local government levels and manage a team of up to 13 PFM experts;
- Engage senior level government officials regarding the technical aspects and implementation of PFM reforms at a central, regional, and local level;
- Translate central government PFM strategy to the local government level to ensure effective and efficient implementation;
- Revenue management; budgeting and planning; budget execution, transparency and accountability; budget control and oversight.
- Minimum 15 years’ of PFM experience including public sector strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, taxation & revenue management, public procurement process implementation, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels;
- Experience serving as Team Leader, Chief of Party, or other senior executive level position on DFID funded projects;
- Proven success managing geographically dispersed teams and projects;
- Success implementing processes to strengthen institutional financial management at national and regional government levels;
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated technical finance or accounting experience in public or private sector;
- Deep knowledge of PFM and ongoing efforts in Tanzania;
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant field;
- Professional fluency in English.
- Experience engaging with senior government officials in Tanzania or other East African country;
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, public administration, or other relevant field.