SI is currently seeking an Evaluation Team Leader who will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, and dissemination of the evaluation. Monitor program implementation and conduct risk assessments as needed.
- Develop a rigorous evaluation design using the appropriate combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to answer the evaluation questions.
- Manage and direct the evaluation team and data collection firm.
- Provide input to the sampling strategy and instruments for all rounds of data collection; ensure necessary data quality checks
- Responsible for establishing a system for frequent communication with the Implementing Contractor/ data collection firm throughout data collection and entry, through email, phone, and site visits.
- Support MCC and MFK to build buy-in and ownership of evaluation.
- Develop evaluation materials and ensure data quality during collection and entry through supervision and management
- Lead data cleaning, analysis, and interpretation of results; produce high-quality, credible, transparent evaluation reports.
- Prepare public-use data that ensures appropriate balance of enabling verification of analysis and broad use of the data with adherence to promises of confidentiality to survey respondents, and lead public dissemination efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience in evaluation, energy sector, or other relevant field.; graduate degree in economics, engineering, qualitative methods, statistics, sociology, development studies, business management, or other related field).
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of evaluation, behavioral economics, and developing country experience.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge about energy efficiency approaches, demand-side management, familiarity with electricity utilities, and the data necessary to evaluate institutional effectiveness.
- Strong management skills and experience managing complex multidisciplinary research projects.
- Previous experience conducting evaluations on energy projects, experience in Kosovo, and Albanian and Serbian language skills are preferred.
- Previous experience with MCC and the Balkan region is a plus.
Other Critical Expertise
- Experience carrying out experimental and or quasi-experimental impact evaluations with control and treatment groups.
- Experience with the design and implementation of multi-topic quantitative household and or enterprise surveys in
developing country context.
- Experience with evaluating women’s economic empowerment, including female employment and entrepreneurship-focused activities, and analyzing and thoughtfully presenting and discussing data on these initiatives and overall programming disaggregated by sex, income and other demographic variables of interest.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in data anonymization.
- Significant demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and publishing evaluations, preferably including impact evaluations.