Key expert 1: Team leader – MEL Expert
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Public Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, War, Peace and Conflict Studies or other relevant, directly related discipline or equivalent relevant professional experience;
- Excellent interpersonal consultation and communication skills, ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures, interact with government officials and to establish harmonious working relationships and support all members of a team.
- Team management skills as well as communication and facilitation skills.
- an excellent command of English
General professional experience
- Preferably 15 years of general related professional experience, but a minimum of 10 years is required.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in designing and implementing citizen security and / or social intervention for crime and violence prevention project, programmes, policies;
- Substantial and demonstrated understanding of contextual security and justice dynamics and processes, and direct experience of engaging in negotiation, facilitation or dialogue processes.
Specific professional experience
- Experience in MEL methodologies for security related policy development, identification of indicators, sources of information and data collect methods.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up MEL frameworks and engaging with national counterparts on shaping performance indicators
- Knowledge and experience of working with EU institutions is an added value
- Must have proven experience in coordinating multidisciplinary teams within development cooperation programs.
- Preferably with experience in the Caribbean or/and Latin America.