The five-year, $16.6 million Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Service (EPMES) Activity aims to provide USAID/Ethiopia with project/activity external evaluation, performance monitoring, and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and Evaluation Policy. This contract assists USAID/Ethiopia and its partners to generate empirical data on project/activity implementation as well as foster learning and knowledge management to improve evidence-based project design and development programming. We are now in the final year of the project implementation period.
USAID/Ethiopia has an approved CLA Plan for its 2019 – 2024 Country Development and Cooperation Strategy. USAID/Ethiopia is also in the process of finalizing the designs and Project LME Plans for eleven Projects to operationalize the CDCS. Simultaneously, USAID/Ethiopia is a pilot Mission for the Development Information Solution (DIS) for more efficient reporting and portfolio management. As USAID/Ethiopia’s strategy, systems, and learning priorities evolve, implementing mechanisms (Activities) can adjust their reporting and learning for efficiency and to support coordinated, intentional adaptive management.
This is a remote consultancy. The LME Plan Review Team Leader will report to the EPMES Chief of Party.
- Lead Activity LME Plan Review team, task implementation, and preparation of all deliverables
- Lead development of tools, including providing guidance/feedback to other team members in tool development
- Train team on tools to promote quality and consistent application, including ongoing quality assurance
- Conduct analysis and report final deliverables (synopsis presentation and Activity LME Plan template)
- Lead and participate in regular client and team check-ins
- Lead responses to SI and USAID comments on deliverables
- Lead training for EPMES field technical staff on tools for future reviews
- Actively manage and mentor Activity LME Review team members
- Senior-level MEL Advisor with 10+ years of experience in MEL with USAID or USAID implementers
- Experience developing utilization-focused MEL tools
- Experience managing teams of mid- and junior-level consultants and staff
- Strong writing skills
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.