The overall objective of the project, which this contract will be a part, is to support the Government of Ethiopia to improve health and nutrition of Ethiopian citizens with specific emphasis on improving health and nutrition of women and adolescent girls and children under five years of age.
• To support Ethiopia’s Developing Regional States (DRS) and the Federal Ministry of Health to develop Regional Grant proposals/project documents to be financed from the Social Determinants of Health (SDH) for Gender Equality program;
• To provide capacity building support (including on the job trainings on grant contract management/EDF procedures) to enable DRS effectively implement and manage their respective Regional Grants.
We welcome applications for the position of Team Leader. The profile description can be found below:
Key expert 1: Team leader – Grant Coordinator
The minimum number of working days for this key expert is 660 days over a period of 36 months. This key expert should work 100 percent of the time in Ethiopia
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree (at least Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or public health or business management, development studies or related fields from recognized university.
- organization skills including mentoring and coaching
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of professional experience in managing multi-sectoral programme interventions in developing countries, preferably in Africa
- Experience as Team Leader, in supporting and advising government ministries and/or sub-national authorities/departments.
- Proven experience of supporting sector wide programme in strategic advisory position
- Proven project/grant management
- Prior work experience in Ethiopia will be an asset
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience working as Team Leader providing technical assistance in designing and managing grant proposal development for a multi-sectoral intervention, preferably in developing country context;
- Demonstrated experience in grant financial management and coordination in a context of multi-sectoral implementation arrangements;
- Experience in managing projects funded by European Commission using EDF procedure
- Experience in coordinating capacity development support programmes to sub-national authorities and/or departments
Start Date: Mid-April 2020
Length of the project: 36 months