The objective of the Global Project (GV) “Food Security and Resilience Strengthening” (GV ES/RS) is to improve the nutritional situation and resilience to hunger crises at household level of food-insecure people, especially women of reproductive age and young children.
To this end, the program promotes improved quality and diversification of food for food-insecure households, better and more stable access to, as well as increased availability of food, better quality and use of basic services in the agriculture, health, education, social protection, or water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sectors to increase their resilience.
The global project implements country-specific, multi-sectoral, multi-level approaches in initially 12 partner countries: Cambodia, Benin, Burkina Faso, India, Yemen (until 06/2020), Kenya (until 09/2020), Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Zambia, and Togo.
A coordination unit (KE) based in Germany ensures coherent implementation and networking of the country packages, advises the German Ministry BMZ on public relations work and is responsible for the monitoring system.
During 2020, several country packages were extended and a modified module proposal for the GV was developed and approved by BMZ. In addition, it was agreed with the BMZ that from additional funds, the LP Cambodia, Madagascar, Mali and Burkina Faso should also be extended and revised on the basis of proposals agreed with the BMZ. The continuation of tried and tested measures and the implementation of additional measures are planned in all four LPs.
These described changes have to be reflected in 4 adapted country package proposals and in an amended module proposal for the GV, which subsequently will be submitted to the BMZ for commissioning. In addition, there is a permanent need for advice and support in the coordination unit for the strategic orientation of the country packages, studies and surveys (including implementation of the results at country package level) as well as for knowledge management (processing of learning experiences) and for the annual and thematic reporting of the project.
Expected results of expert input:
- Execution and documentation of (test) missions
- Elaboration of 4 adapted country package proposals (incl. impact matrices) and an updated module proposal.
- Education : University degree (Diploma/Master) in Nutritional Sciences; Social Sciences or comparable degree with additional nutritional qualification
- Language : Proficiency in German, proficiency at least in either English or French, proficiency in all three languages is a plus
- General work experience: 20 years of work experience in the food security sector
- Specific professional experience: 15 years of experience in nutrition, particularly on household food security assessment and analysis methodologies, multisectoral food security principles and approaches, and resilience concept and implementation.
- Regional experience : at least 3 short-term assignments in more than one of the intended countries of assignment (Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Madagascar, Mali)
- DC Experience: 5 years of experience in DC projects in food security as well as proven procedural reliability in GIZ contract management (reporting to BMZ) as well as in the evaluation of multi-sectoral approaches to food security
- Other: Proven training and experience in Capacity WORKS is desirable
Roman Monchy email@example.com