Consultancy support for transforming selected Indian cities to 100% RE cities (Solar cities).
The rapid urbanisation and changing lifestyles are increasing the electricity demand in Indian towns and cities. The Central Electricity Authority (Govt. of India) forecasts the peak electricity demand in India to reach 448 GWp by the year 2037.
In view of the continuing megatrend of urbanisation and the related energy demand in India, Renewable Energy including PV solar offers an excellent option of a climate-neutral source of energy which can be integrated into the urban space.
The objective of this assignment is to provide consultancy and implementation support for the four cities (Amritsar, Punjab – Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh – Dwarka, Gujarat – Gandhinagar, Gujarat) and the corresponding CNAs (City Nodal Agency) and other stakeholders to become 100% RE cities (with high shares of solar PV generation). The CNAs are the organisations assigned by the respective state government and are responsible for transforming the cities into 100% RE cities.
- Education/training : University degree (Master or equivalent) in Management, Engineering, Energy Economics, Energy Planning or any other relevant qualification for the delivery on the team leader tasks.
- Languages : Ability to fluently communicate and very good business language, skills in English (Level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- General professional experience :10 years of professional experience in the RE sector
- Specific professional experience : 6 years of experience in energy planning and/or modelling and 4 years of experience in developing multi-sectoral RE strategies at national or state level
- Leadership/management experience : 10 years of experience as project team leader and/or in an executive position in companies
- Regional experience: 10 years of experience in the region of Southeast Asia, including 4 years in India
- Development cooperation (DC) experience : 4 years of experience in DC projects
Elodie Prugnat Prugnat@gfa-group.de