The goal of the EU-Nepal Trade and Investment Programme (TIP) is to contribute to Nepal’s sustainable and inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. The programme will work towards increase of trade and participation in regional and global value-chains, an improved investment climate for attraction of Foreign Direct Investment and improved trade and investment coordination.
This project is a part of a larger programme with a trade component to be implemented through International Trade Center to increase participation in regional and global value-chains for coffee and pashmina, and enhance capacities of key stakeholders to formulate trade policies, negotiate trade agreements and effectively implement them, and this ISF is a technical facility for regulatory reforms in investment promotion and maximize the EU’s Everything But Arms (EBA) trade regime benefits and other trade/investment-related preferences including GSP+ applications. The ISF will be established, with a mix of long term TA, short term expertise on demand and resources for a range of capacity-building measures. The ISF will closely work with the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies, Investment promotion agencies and private sector associations with main tasks that could include:
- Programme for addressing procedural and regulatory obstacles for foreign investment
- Government capacity to attract foreign investment through a single-entry point improved, especially that of Department of Industry
- Integrated Trade and Investment sector policy and strategy through policy dialogue underpinned by technical support developed
- Information sharing and coordination mechanism for rural/economic and trade investment programmes strengthened.
We welcome applications for the position of KE1: Team Leader:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Postgraduate qualification in trade, law, economics or other related discipline.
- Good drafting skills.
- Excellent level of English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by at least one team leadership experience.
General Professional Experience:
- More than 10 years of professional experience working on trade and investment promotion/policy, regulatory and procedural reform.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in capacity building projects.
- Extensive project and team management experience, including programme planning, budgeting, disbursements and programming monitoring.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a team leader.
- Experience working with government agencies and private sector associations at a senior level.
- Work experience in Asia would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Nepal’s trade regulations/policies and trade integration would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience providing trade-related technical assistance to public authorities.
- Experience addressing procedural and regulatory obstacles for foreign investment.
- Experience developing and maximising a country’s use of the EU’s Everything But Arms (EBA) trade regime benefits and other trade/investment-related programme including GSP + Applications.
- Knowledge of EU project management procedures would be an advantage.
Position Location: It is anticipated the role will be based in Kathmandu with project travel throughout the country.