We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Team Leader, Education Policy Assessment
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC/Remote
Technical Point of Contact: Chief of Party
MECC is a more than five-year contract implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DRC. It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allow the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP. MECC services include performance monitoring, support to the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity building for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders. The Team Leader will provide leadership and technical expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation for the Education Policy Assessment (EPA). He/she will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation as well as lead coordination with USAID, DFID, the Government of the DRC (GDRC), and Implementing Partners (IPs).
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisor(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Develop a detailed EPA work plan;
- Draft and refine field data collection protocols;
- Revise and finalize the desk review report and develop PowerPoint presentation of the desk review’s key findings;
- Oversee the data collection team during fieldwork;
- Complete a final report highlighting findings from field data collection;
- Draft a PowerPoint presentation of key findings from field data collection (to be used in stakeholder consultation workshop);
- Develop a final system mapping/ stakeholder workshop report (following revisions based on USAID feedback);
- Draft and finalize EPA report (revised based on feedback from stakeholders/USAID team); and
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- At least 10 years of work in monitoring, evaluation and learning preferably with an emphasis in evaluating USAID-funded projects;
- Experience managing complex assessments;
- 5-7 years of experience in the education sector in developing countries;
- Prior experience in assessing educational policy and programming;
- Familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in USAID ADS 200 and 201; and
- Oral and written fluency in English and French speaking skills are required.
Education: Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the education system in DRC is a strong asset;
- Experience with education in crisis and conflict affected areas;
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Knowledge of USAID M&E principles and processes; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some field work.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International and provincial travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).