Under USAID/Indonesia’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for 2014 to 2020, CEGAH forms one element of the broader Democracy, Rights, and Governance (DRG) project designed to achieve progress towards Development Objective 1, Democratic Governance and Resilience Strengthened, and the Intermediate Result of Community of Accountability Improved. In addition to contributing to USAID’s current portfolio, CEGAH has built on previous USAID investments, including Changes for Justice (C4J), the Educating and Equipping Tomorrow’s Justice Reformers (E2J) activity, and the Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program (SIAP 1 and 2).
The objective of this evaluation with regard to accountability is to determine the degree to which CEGAH achieved its stated goals, why or why not, and how. The objective of this evaluation with regard to learning is to capture lessons that may be applied to current and future programming. The final evaluation will provide USAID with an independent review of CEGAH’s performance. The evaluation is expected to highlight the achievement of expected results, factors influencing the achievement of these results, challenges faced by the activity over the course of implementation, and how the program did or did not address these challenges. The evaluation should also highlight lessons learned and other insights for USAID to consider in the design of future programming.
The Team Leader will be responsible for direct liaison with USAID, managing evaluation team personnel and assignment responsibilities, and producing high-quality evaluation deliverables, including the evaluation methodology and work plan, evaluation presentations, and the draft and final reports. The Team Leader will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party and will coordinate with, and be supported by, Social Impact evaluation specialists and research assistants. Expected level of effort will be 59 days, including field work in Indonesia.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, such as research, international development, public administration, political science, or a related democracy and governance field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in development, with a significant experience in one or more of the following areas: transparency, accountability, and bureaucracy reform.
- Significant performance evaluation experience, including prior experience designing data collection instruments.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of data and information into meaningful conclusions and recommendations for strategic input and implementation.
- Have a proven track record in leadership, coordination, and evaluation of development projects.
- Have excellent writing, oral presentation, and organizational skills.
- Prior work experience in Southeast Asia is required, and prior experience in Indonesia is preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID democracy and governance programming approaches is an advantage.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.