About the Programme
The programme is a component of a larger project looking at enhancing growth and competitiveness of selected labour-intensive sectors such as Leather & Leather Goods, Footwear, Light Manufacturing and Plastics in which Bangladesh has a revealed comparative advantage, or sectors that provide essential inputs in export-orientated manufacturing value chains.
The component for which we are recruiting will act as a vehicle for technical assistance for infrastructure. The programme will develop an infrastructure pipeline and operate as a filtering, prioritisation and selection mechanism for projects that address industry-specific infrastructure constraints for clusters of enterprises that are direct or indirect exporters in the above mentioned sectors.
The programme will provide the required engineering and finance expertise to identify and develop enhancement projects, carry our financial and technical feasibility studies, and to prepare the bidding documents for contracts for works and equipment that will be taken up by the Project Implementation Unit.
The programme started in December 2019 and will finish in June 2023. IMC is looking for a Team Leader available to start as soon as possible.
About the Role
Based full time in Dhaka, and reporting to the Project Director, the Team Leader will be responsible for successful delivery of the programme, including:
- Providing strategic, policy and technical guidance to the project
- Ensuring high quality and consistent delivery of all programme activities
- Monitoring progress; ensuring that milestones, outputs and outcomes are met
- Managing a team of full-time and short-term consultants
- Influencing and communicating with senior government and private sector leaders for successful project delivery
- Stakeholder management, engagement with Government and other donors.
- An advanced University Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise and experience of design, preparation, contracting and management of infrastructure projects
- Proven project Team Leadership experience
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a range of stakeholders, including governmental departments, programme partners and private sector organisations
- Excellent communication skills including good presentation, facilitation and report writing skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
Please do not apply if you do not fully meet the above listed requirements.
Please submit your CV along with details of how you meet the criteria, your current availability and anticipated fee rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Download job description here.