This assignment comes in the framework of the Technical Assistance to ECOWAS for the Implementation of the 10th EDF Transport Facilitation Project II.
This project will support the ECOWAS Commission, based in Abuja, Nigeria, to manage the implementation of the Transport Facilitation Programme II. The general objective of the programme is to contribute to the growth of intra an extra community trade and exchanges through the installation of a transport facilitation system. The implementation period will be of 28 months.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- The operationalization of the Joint Border Post of Noepe (Ghana/Togo) and Seme (Nigeria/Benin)
- Establishment of the Road Information System in order to strengthen the management and planning of improved road infrastructures in regional corridors.
- A more efficient transport system in the regional corridors. Especially by reducing abnormal practices and having more efficient border control systems and a more modern road transportation sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Above 15 years experience in transport facilitation
- Extensive knowledge of EU procurement and financing procedures
- Previous experience as a Team Leader, ideally on EU-funded projects and in the transport sector
- Previous experience working in West Africa, preferably on ECOWAS integration issues
- Extensive knowledge of ECOWAS integration issues, particularly linked to transport, trade and infrastructure
- Master’s degree in transport, engineering, infrastructure, development, economics, or any related field.