In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a final performance evaluation to determine WATSAN the effectiveness in achieving its objectives (USAID Water and Development progress indicators). The evaluation will assess the project’s design and approaches used to achieve its objectives in order to inform future USAID/Haiti programming. Considering the Theory of Change components, this evaluation will consider factors related to partnerships, capacity building, and sustainability. For instance, as a key component of the project, the evaluation will measure whether WATSAN interventions in the 10 communes of implementation have resulted in improved capacity of local utilities and local actors to provide households and communities with sustainable, improved access to water and sanitation services and to what extent the interventions have contributed to improved institutional capacity in the sector.
Haiti ESS is seeking an expat Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist consultant to lead all technical and management aspects of the WATSAN evaluation. The Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist will be expected to work closely with the local Assistant Team Lead, the local data collection firm, the Haiti ESS team as well as the SI headquarters project management team to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The evaluation level of effort is approximately 8 – 12 weeks (70 days), inclusive of two to three consecutive weeks (18 days) of data collection and analysis in Haiti (starting from October 2021 to April 2022).
- Manage and lead the team in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of deliverables during the evaluation.
- Coordinate the final performance evaluation implementation, analysis, and author the final report.
- Assign evaluation responsibilities and tasks among team members.
- Provide oversight on the data collection and analysis, ensuring data quality.
- Take ultimate responsibility for writing all reports associated with the project including, but not limited to the evaluation design (including tools) as well as the draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations, and the scope of work.
- Manage all deadlines and record maintenance—including, but not limited to, collecting, and managing quantitative data, producing notes for all qualitative data collection events for delivery to USAID.
- Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local authorities, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff with strategic and operational planning to implement the approved work plan.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Social Science (population and demography), public health or other related fields.
- Documented track record of 7 years’ experience in cordoning, designing, and supporting performance evaluation in the WASH sector. Familiarity with urban utility reform approaches and market-based approaches to service delivery will be an asset.
- A demonstrated background conducting analyses of WASH infrastructure design, functionality, and sustainability will be an asset.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies (interviews, focus group discussions, survey, etc.) to collect the required data in a timely manner.
- Strong background in capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating WASH related activities. Strong background in understanding multi-sectoral development approaches is highly preferred. Know how to foster relationships with diverse local counterparts, including government representatives, DINEPA, the Ministry of Publics Works, Transportation and Communication (MTPTC); private sector, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills with fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French.
- Work experience with USAID is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Haitian social, economic, and political dynamics, preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.