Social Impact is seeking a Team Leader for a short term contract to lead the political analysis for Improving USAID Engagement for Efficient Governance in Sri Lanka. The Team Leader will be responsible for designing the research methodology, conducting preliminary desk research, conducting high level interviews and primary analysis and producing the final assessment report. Team Leader is also responsible for regular communication with USAID Point of Contact (POC).
The Team Leader will be responsible for the technical and methodological leadership of the evaluation. He/she will provide leadership for the team, finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high-quality document. S/he will also write the final report and lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations.
The assessment level of effort is anticipated to be approximately 15 weeks in Sri Lanka. The approximate period of performance is November 2020-March 2021. This position is open to candidates based in Sri Lanka.
- Graduate degree from an accredited university in social sciences, political science, international relations, international development or related fields.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the field of policy research/international relations/ international development.
- Strong analytical research background, including experience in designing and conducting similar political or economy studies.
- Experience in conducting KIIs/interviews in person and remote.
- Deep knowledge of Sri Lankan politics, institutions, and actors,
- Demonstrated experience managing a research team in Sri Lanka.
- Excellent English writing skills for producing formal research documents using data visualization.
- Fluency in English and Sinhala languages is required, ability to conduct professional presentations and produce research report in clear English.
- Familiarity with USAID programming is preferred.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls