Background and Rationale of the Programme
The Improving Pakistan’s Water Governance (IPWG) programme will help to strengthen Pakistan’s management of its water resources, to meet future population, agricultural and economic needs and crucially, provide resilience to shocks and climate change. The programme will work with the Government of Pakistan at both national and provincial levels. The programme has four key components: building government capacity; improving water data management; support to government on regulatory frameworks; and improving accountability around the sustainable use of water. The programme will have a specific focus on climate change.
Scope of Work
The Team Leader will provide high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project across all components, with overall responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of project results. The Team Leader will oversee effective systems for monitoring, learning and results reporting. Heading up a team comprising of local and international staff, he/she will develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders and be accountable for communicating effectively about the project to a range of different audiences. The Team Leader will also provide oversight in ensuring that the project is implemented as per agreed requirements and in compliance with donor regulations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Technical and Strategic Leadership
- Accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring that all objectives and deliverables are met;
- Demonstrate and support effective cross-team working and skills-building;
- Facilitate project review and planning, training and learning events for the team and partners;
- Provide clarity in linking monitoring, evaluation and learning with broader project objectives and strategy; periodic analysis and review of theory of change, political economy and overall portfolio profile, and capacity to apply these to the overall direction of the project;
- Support the development of a coherent consortium strategy with all partners and facilitate learning/sharing opportunities within the consortium;
- Oversee safeguarding processes, applying ‘do no harm’ principles
Project and Financial Management
- Ensure appropriate management systems with standard operating procedures are in place and adhered to for all activities funded by the project, in accordance with the FCDO contract;
- Provide financial managerial oversight to the Finance & Operations Lead, including the preparation of project expenditure financial reports for submission to the donor and overall financial oversight of the consortium budget and expenditure;
- Support the project in preparing for mid