1. Updating the RMP: (i) reviewing the current planning process and activities by RHD and LGED in response to the planning guidelines issued by the Planning Commission of Bangladesh, (ii) reviewing the inventory and classification of road network, (iii) updating the road inventory and classification, (iv) identifying the access control highway network, (v) developing an integrated RMP and associated tools required for other planning activities, and (vi) supporting the planning exercises.
While the current RMP provides the strategic direction and project lists for RHD’s road network, the master plan needs to be updated to (i) reflect the needs for subregional connectivity and access control highways to enhance the efficiency of the transport system, (ii) include the rural road network, (iii) clarify the role of master plan among other planning exercises, such as the 4-year rolling business plan and the annual performance agreements, and (iv) project identification and implementation scheduling should be so accurate that it can be implemented with as minimum modification as possible. Tasks will include:
- Review the existing planning activities.
- Review and update the inventory and classification of the road network.
- Develop an updated RMP.
- Support planning activities.
2. Methodology Development, Resource Planning and Scheduling for NTMP Aided by Appropriate Transport Model: The Consultant will carry out following tasks to assist the Government in developing an actionable methodology along with resource planning and scheduling of developing national transport model to aid developing national master plan. The output will be used as a blue print to hire consultants to develop comprehensive 4-stage transport model.
- Stakeholder identification and review of their existing and future planning activities.
- Methodological framework preparation for the NTMP.
- Survey design for data collection for the transport model.
- Implementation arrangements and staffing.
- Master’s degree or post graduate degree in transport planning, transport engineering, or relevant fields.
- Minimum 20 years of experience, including 10 years of overseas experience, in transport planning services.
- Experience in Bangladesh is preferred.
- At least one experience in team leader of transport planning services.
- Experience with road master plan/transport master plans
- Good knowledge of transport institutional and organisations
- Good knowledge of transport modelling and network