We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Team Leader
Technical Point of Contact: SEAD Project Director
IBTCI is seeking a consultant to provide services to support IBTCI’s proposal effort for The Joint Emergency Operation for Food Assistance in Ethiopia (JEOP). The Joint Emergency Operation (JEOP) program is an emergency food assistance program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The JEOP targets transitory or acute food insecure households through a participant targeting process led by the Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE) National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC). JEOP complements emergency needs outlined in the GoE’s Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP).
For the final evaluation CRS seeks to assess the impact and efficiency of JEOP interventions implemented since August 2012, in terms of achieving Strategic Objectives (SOs) and Immediate Results (IRs) and producing unintended results (positive or negative). The evaluation will also assess how the management, implementation and external factors affected results to inform future food security programming.
The level of effort (LOE) anticipated for this assignment is between 150 and 220 days, and the period of performance is anticipated to run from July 2021 to May 2022.
Scope of Work:
- Under direction of the IBTCI project director for this task, represent IBTCI in meetings with CRS, USAID, and other stakeholders as required.
- Coordinate with the IBTCI project director to design the work plan and data collection tools for this task; work with the research team to develop their assigned tasks.
- Lead work with a small team of researchers for field work, data analysis, and reporting.
- Provide input on the work of a local firm contracted to supply field work and data collection.
- Implement a pre-test of research instruments and finalize data collection tools.
- Oversee the field work period, monitoring daily collection of data, verifying the accuracy of the data collection.
- Design and coordinate the work of the team in qualitative data collection as specified in the work plan.
- Lead key informant interviews.
- Coordinate with the IBTCI project director and team members to develop an analysis plan for the collected data and conduct analysis.
- Lead the drafting of the research report and related materials, follow through with subsequent revisions as directed by the client.
- Work with the team in subsequent presentations of research findings.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Ten years of experience in evaluation design, methods, management, for USAID Title II emergency food security programs.
- Eight years technical subject matter expertise (emergency food security, Title II programming).
- Five years technical expertise and skills in food security and early warning systems.
- Strong background in cross-cutting program priorities (gender equality, women’s empowerment, protection disability and inclusion, environment, etc.).
- Multi-country experience in addition to Ethiopia experience.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies including surveys, interviewing, designing focus group discussions.
- Demonstrated authorship/co-authorship on similar evaluations in the past, with links to documents provided.
Education: Masters or above educational qualification in relevant fields such as social science, development studies, development evaluation, disaster risk management, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience working with CRS preferred.
- Understanding of food for peace programming, food aid indicators, particularly in the Horn of Africa.
- Recent experience implementing field research under the COVID-19 environment desirable.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for managing a small team of researchers, and overseeing the work of a local contractor.
Travel: Substantial travel to different regions within Ethiopia is required.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).