The team leader will be a position of at least 400 working days over the 36 months contract duration. A minimum of 30% of these working days should be spent in the beneficiary countries or the country where the Secretariat will be located. The team leader will be responsible for overall delivery of contract outputs and the quality control of contract implementation. S/he is expected to have a key role in all technical aspects of the contract.
Qualifications and skills:
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in law, environmental sciences or international relations or European integration or other related field;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; required ability to travel to beneficiary countries; knowledge of one of the languages of the beneficiary countries will be an asset;
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 2 years) report that he/she has authored.
General professional experience:
- Demonstrable capacity to efficiently manage a project involving the multiple counterparts/teams, including from the IPA beneficiaries, to be proven by experience with at least one, and preferably more project, involving a team of at least 3-5 members, within the past 5 years;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, out of which at least 5 years of relevant experience in Western Balkan countries and Turkey and/or the former Candidate Countries;
- As a minimum two project references in the last 6 years related to the subject matter of the current contract in Western Balkan countries and Turkey and/or the former Candidate Countries;
- Demonstrable knowledge and very good understanding of the EU environment and climate acquis and policies and of the EU enlargement process;
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of the political situation in Western Balkan countries and Turkey and the European integration process.
Among candidates fulfilling the above minimum requirements, preference will be given to those who have the most demonstrated experience in multi-national projects relevant to this tender procedure during the previous 5 years.
Specific professional experience:
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building in the IPA beneficiary countries, as regards any of the following (as demonstrated by list of recent projects of this kind, and brief mention of the responsibility in the project):
– alignment with EU environmental and climate change acquis – institutional and legislative capacity building
– developing climate policies and measures
- Demonstrable experience in leading regional and multi-national projects related to environment and climate change (including experience in coordination of teams of at least 10 experts) of at least 5 years, as well as an understanding of legal and implementation issues, particularly with regard to alignment of the enlargement countries with EU environmental and climate acquis.