Qualifications and skills:
- A University diploma (Bachelor level) in the field of aeronautics or an aviation-related field;
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (Masters or above) in an aviation-related field will be preferred.
General professional experience:
- At least 15 years of professional experience in aeronautics and aviation issues, e.g. aviation policy and regulation; airport and air navigation services (ANS) planning and development; or aviation security.
Specific professional experience:
- At least seven years of professional experience. This should be specifically related to the management of aviation bodies and can be demonstrated through working at a Government Ministry responsible for transport/aviation, at or for a major airport or ANS provider in a management role or through a provision of technical assistance to such bodies in the management field;
- Experience as a Team Leader on at least two technical assistance programmes, with a minimum, approved cumulative input of 220 working days (or 12 months) per reference;
- Proven knowledge of EDF regulations and procedures;
- Proven knowledge of ICAO regulations;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written;
- At least 3 years of in-country experience in developing countries, preferably in Eastern or Southern Africa, will be an advantage;
- Proven knowledge of EU and/or EASA project implementation procedures will be an advantage.
Note: Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, start date and duration of the assignment as well as tasks and requirements may be subject to change.