The purpose of this assessment is to evaluate the results of the advocacy, monitoring and oversight interventions by the USAID-assisted civil society organizations in the area of democratic governance. This assessment shall also provide recommendations to USAID to make current program adjustments and inform future programming.
SI is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of the Team Lead (TL) for this Civil Society Evaluation. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. The project will begin in March and is projected to last until June 2021. The desk review will be performed remotely and fieldwork will likely be required by local team members in April or May depending on the results of the desk review and feedback received from RDMA.
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to USAID, the implementing partner, and CSOs operating in Sri Lanka.
- Develop and finalize the assessment design and data collection instruments, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Conduct and oversee interviews with stakeholders in Sri Lanka.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the work plan and desk review, data collection tools, initial and process briefings, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Present findings and associated results to key stakeholders.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel
- Master’s degree in international development or any related field.
- At least 15 years of related experience in international development, especially with civil society programming in human rights and reconciliation in post-conflict settings.
- Previous experience performing related project evaluations particularly USAID funded CSO programs.
- Recent experience in and background knowledge of south Asia or countries similar to Sri Lanka.
- Extensive and current experience in USAID governance programming. Significant experience in Sri Lanka will be considered an asset.
- Significant and current experience (at least three years) managing and conducting governance assessments, or similar research in the development field.
- Understanding of current Sri Lanka country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.