The project will begin in January 2021 and is projected to last through March 2021. The desk review and data collection will be performed by the TL remotely with the support of the local team member to conduct some in-person interviews. The Consultant is required for 30 days of LOE from January 2021 through March 2021.[LB5] [AR6]
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to the social and economic impacts of Covid-19 in Lao PDR and USAID/LCO programming.
- Develop and finalize assessment design and data collection tools, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR (remotely, with in-person support of local team member).
- Provide guidance and feedback to the local team member to ensure completion of all deliverables.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the assessment design and data collection tools, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Develop and deliver a workshop for LCO staff to apply assessment findings.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree and at least five years of related experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with donor programming in the region. Experience in Lao PDR will be considered an asset.
- Significant and current experience conducting similar assessments
- Understanding of current Lao PDR social and economic context as well as development challenges.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required.