SI is seeking a Team Lead who is a senior-level gender analysis technical specialist to serve as the team leader of a three-person research team. The team will include a Team Lead, a local Senior Expert in gender and social inclusion, and a local research assistant. The position is level of effort-based and includes travel to Sri Lanka for approximately two weeks in March 2020. The Team Lead will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
- Lead development and submission of workplan to USAID, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Lead a desk review of documents relevant to gender in Sri Lanka, including USAID provided documents and relevant public and gray literature, in both English and local languages, coordinating inputs from team members.
- Lead development of a desk review report (10-15pages) that synthesizes findings, conclusions, and draft recommendations to inform the CDCS.
- Lead preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs) and focus group discussions (FGDs) with identified stakeholders in Sri Lanka.
- Ensure all team members carefully collect, clean, and store qualitative data.
- Lead the development of the data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation to USAID/Sri Lanka.
- Coordinate team inputs to prepare the draft report; Upon receiving USAID’s comments on the draft report, s/he will be responsible for making any final corrections and improvements.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Minimum eight years’ experience as the lead of gender reviews and assessments
- Graduate Degree in degree in social sciences or relevant field
- Experience conducting gender and social inclusion analysis as it pertains to international development, governance, human rights, resilience, and economic growth
- Experience with gender assessments for USAID, specifically at the national/strategic level, is preferred
- Prior experience as an assessment/evaluation team leader desirable
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, as well as strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English is required, Sinhala and/or Tamil language skills preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to Sri Lanka for fieldwork in March 2020