SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Team Lead (TL) for this mid-term evaluation. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct data collection, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members, and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the TL will design and facilitate a presentation of findings to USAID and a participatory workshop with the LTR implementing partner to obtain feedback and additional inputs, as well as to develop a set of joint recommendations for Activity adjustments as relevant.
The project will begin in late-March 2021 and is projected to be completed in August 2021. Depending on the location of the evaluation team members, some data collection may be conducted remotely. Due to Covid-19 precautions, there is no international travel expected for this assignment. In-country team members will be expected to conduct in-person interviews. The TL is required for approximately 40 days of LOE with the bulk of the LOE occurring April through May.
- Conduct a desk review of Activity documents
- Develop and finalize evaluation design and data collection tools, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR as able and oversee the data collection of in-country team members (if not based in-country).
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the evaluation design, data collection tools, final report, and applicable presentations.
- Prepare and present the findings to USAID Learn to Read partners to validate the findings, obtain additional inputs, and develop joint recommendations.
- Develop and deliver a findings presentation for USAID LCRP, USAID Learn to Read Executive and Advisory Committees, and other relevant partners as appropriate for feedback.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and at least five years of experience serving as the Team Lead on evaluations/assessments of education programs (experience with early grade reading, teacher training, and inclusive education programs preferred).
- Familiarity with Laos and/or regional experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, as well as strategic thinking and facilitation skills (experience with EGRA’s strongly preferred).
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates based in Laos strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English required.