- Objective 1: Critically assess the progress of the USAID Okard Activity from inception to date and analyze against expected results to identify potential adjustments to the strategy and interventions/services.
- Objective 2: Assess effectiveness of the Activity’s management arrangements and partnerships; identify advantages, bottlenecks, and lessons learned to identify potential adjustments.
The USAID Okard (ໂອກາດ) Activity is guided by the philosophy of Disability Inclusive Development (DID) and the belief that no one should be left behind. It is a 5-year Activity managed and implemented by World Education that intends to improve and sustain the independent living and functional ability of persons with disabilities, regardless of factors such as age, sex, gender expression, ethnicity and their households in Lao PDR. The Activity utilizes a flexible two-tiered approach that integrates the strengthening of the government systems and individual level interventions under the program’s three components: Health (Component 1), Economic Empowerment (Component 2), and Stakeholder Engagement (Component 3). A key feature of the Activity is implementing two Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) evidence-based demonstration models to demonstrate the effectiveness at community level of both the Government of Lao (GoL) National Disability Policy and related strategy, and the National Rehabilitation Strategy.
SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Team Lead (TL) for this mid-term evaluation. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct data collection and compilation, conduct data analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members, and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. Following the completion of data collection and analysis, the TL design and facilitate a presentation of findings to USAID and a participatory workshop with the Okard implanting partner to obtain feedback and additional inputs, as well as to develop a set of joint recommendations for Activity adjustments as relevant.
The project will begin in mid-February 2021 and is projected to be completed in June 2021. Depending on the location of the evaluation team members, some data collection may be conducted remotely. Due to Covid-19 precautions, there is no international travel expected for this assignment. In-country team members will be expected to conduct in-person interviews. The Consultant is required for approximately 40 days of LOE from February through June 2021, with the bulk of the LOE occurring March through April.
- Conduct a desk review of Activity documents, including the Y1-Y4 Annual Workplans, Y1-Y3 Annual Reports, AMEL plan and other documentation as relevant (to be identified).
- Develop and finalize evaluation design and data collection tools, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Lao PDR as able and oversee the data collection of in-country team members (if not based in-country).
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the evaluation design and data collection tools, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Prepare and present the findings to USAID Okard partners to validate the findings, obtain additional inputs, and develop joint recommendations;
- Develop and deliver a findings presentation for USAID LCRP, USAID Okard Executive Committee and Advisory Committee and relevant partners as appropriate for feedback.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and at least five years of experience serving as the Team Lead on evaluations of development programs (experience with disability, health, gender and social inclusion, or social services programs preferred)
- Experience managing development programs (experience with USAID-funded programs or (experience with disability, health, gender and social inclusion, or social services programs preferred)
- Familiarity with Laos and/or regional experience strongly preferred
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, as well as strategic thinking and analytical and facilitation skills;
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates based in Laos strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.